Listen to Podcast of the post
Veg Puff Recipe | Tea Time Snack
Veg Puff, one of my favorite Tea time snack especially on a rainy evening. It is Healthy combo of veggies tossed in an aromatic blend of masala and then baked inside a puff pastry until nicely flaky and crispy on the outside. Yumm.
- 1 puff pastry sheet
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1/2 red onion finely chopped
- salt per taste
- 2 small green chillies finely chopped
- 1/2 tbsp ginger garluc paste
- 1/2 cup carrot shredded
- 1/2 cup green beans finely chopped
- 1 cup green peas
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tomato deseeded and finely chopped
- 10 sprigs cilantro
Filling for veg puff
- Saute chopped onion until the onions are translucent. Add some salt to let the onions sweat faster.
- Add green chillies and 1/2 tbsp ginger garlic paste.
- Add carrot, green beans and green peas.
- Add turmeric powder, garam masala, red chilli powder.
- Add deseeded and diced tomatoes and saute until all moisture is out. Make sure the mixture is completely dry.
- Garnish with Cilantro and let it cool.
Veg Puff Pastry
- Thaw pastry sheets per instructions on the pack.
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Cut the pastry sheet into 6 rectangles.
- Add 1 spoon of filling to each rectangle. Adjust the amount of filling per your preference.
- Carefully fold over the sheets. Making the edges slightly wet, would help seal the edges easily.
- Bake in oven at 400 F for 15 minutes.
Brushing with egg wash, before baking will give a shiny gloss and a golden brown color.